Beyond the Paw Print Support Group:
Transforming the Pet Loss Process
Are you being faced with unexpected end-of-life decisions about your companion animal? Perhaps you find yourself distraught and inconsolable over his or her death. Well-meaning friends, family or colleagues may not understand these feelings and just want you to feel better. So, you grieve the loss of your beloved animal companion in silence and isolation. You are not alone. Beyond the Paw Print has been serving the pet loss community since 2009, providing validation, support and encouragement. Take a first step: Email or phone today to learn more about our group and to reserve your space at an upcoming meeting. Together, we can embark on a journey toward healing.
Meeting Update: During the ongoing Covid-19 quarantine, Beyond the Paw Print remains available to support you. Until further notice, meetings will take place via Zoom on the second Monday of every month, at our new time of 6:30 PM-8:30 PM . Please email our facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to the meeting.
When: The Second Monday of Every Month
2020 Meeting Dates: (Please note-meeting times have changed to a 6:30 pm start time)
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm New attendees please arrive early (6:00-ish) to review the books, hand-outs & brochures on the Beyond the Paw Print Resource Tables.
Where: Orchard United Methodist Church
30450 Farmington Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48334
This group is NOT affiliated with any religious institutions.
Bring: A photo or other memento of your animal companion to share with the group.
RSVP: Please email or telephone to reserve your space. Advance reservations are required to ensure adequate space. Last minute reservations will be accepted too!
Email: email@example.com or Phone: 248.701.2345
Email notification will be provided if there are any unforeseen circumstances that may lead to a cancellation of our meeting. Please include your phone number in your rsvp if you would like to be telephoned instead of emailed in case of this unlikely occurrence.
Fee: Meetings are free of charge. Donations will be gratefully accepted.
Facilitator: Micky Golden Moore, Ph.D., M.S.H.P.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING MEETING GUIDELINES:
- BTPP was created with one central purpose: to offer support and validation for those grieving the anticipated or actual loss of a beloved animal companion.
- During the meeting, time will be monitored to ensure that each attendee has an opportunity to share…the amount of time allotted varies – depending on the number of attendees.
- Sometimes in our grief, we might unintentionally find ourselves sharing opinions on other topics. When this happens, the facilitator has the right and responsibility of gently guiding the speaker back on course.
- BTPP is not associated with any religious denomination.
- BTPP is not associated with any political organizations.
- The meetings are not a substitute for one-on-one counseling, neither are the meetings intended to function as group therapy.
- We are all different, yet we come together as one – sharing the grief associated with the loss of our beloved animal companions. May we honor our differences in the way we honor our shared grief: In kinship and kindness.
- With the above in mind, let’s stay on topic and make the most of our time together. In the meantime, please be gentle with your tender hearts…