Beyond the Paw Print Support Group: Transforming the Pet Loss Process
Are you being faced with unexpected end-of-life decisions about your companion animal? Perhaps you find yourself distraught and inconsolable over his or her death. Well-meaning friends, family or colleagues may not understand these feelings and just want you to feel better. So, you grieve the loss of your beloved animal companion in silence and isolation. You are not alone. Beyond the Paw Print has been serving the pet loss community since 2009, providing validation, support and encouragement. Take a first step: Email or phone today to learn more about our group and to reserve your space at an upcoming meeting. Though our in-person meetings are on hold, we’ve been able to thrive and adapt to our new way of gathering via technology. Together, we can embark on a journey toward healing.
When: Second Monday of every month
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: Until further notice, meetings will be held via Zoom. We are hoping to resume our in-person meetings when it safe for us to gather.
Bring: A photo or other memento of your animal companion to share with the group.
RSVP: Please contact us using our email form, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 248-701-2345 to reserve your space. Advance reservations are required as seats are limited to 12. The meeting size is limited to enable each attendee the opportunity to share their story and receive the support they seek. Please allow for a minimum of 48 hours to respond to your query. Thank you for your understanding.
Facilitator: Micky Golden Moore, Ph.D., M.S.H.P.
2022 Meeting Dates:
- January 10
- February 14
- March 14
- April 11
- May 9
- June 13
- July 11
- August 8
- September 12
- October 10
- November 14
- December 12
Fee: Meetings are free of charge. Donations will be gratefully accepted.
NOTE: An email notification will be provided if there are any unforeseen circumstances that may lead to a cancellation of our meeting. Please include your phone number in your RSVP if you would like to be telephoned instead of emailed in case of this unlikely occurrence.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING MEETING GUIDELINES:
- BTPP was created with one central purpose: to offer support and validation for those grieving the anticipated or actual loss of a beloved animal companion.
- During the meeting, time will be monitored to ensure that each attendee has an opportunity to share…the amount of time allotted varies – depending on the number of attendees.
- Sometimes in our grief, we might unintentionally find ourselves sharing opinions on other topics. When this happens, the facilitator has the right and responsibility of gently guiding the speaker back on course.
- BTPP is not associated with any religious denomination.
- BTPP is not associated with any political organizations.
- The meetings are not a substitute for one-on-one counseling, neither are the meetings intended to function as group therapy.
- We are all different, yet we come together as one – sharing the grief associated with the loss of our beloved animal companions. May we honor our differences in the way we honor our shared grief: In kinship and kindness.
- With the above in mind, let’s stay on topic and make the most of our time together. In the meantime, please be gentle with your tender hearts…
This support group, and Dr. Golden Moore, are limited to exclusively provide support for pet loss grief.
If professional assistance is required outside the realm of pet loss grief support, the services of an experienced professional should be sought.